Jira External Share/Jira Secure Share allows you to share your Jira issues to any user, externally too (even outside Jira). The external shareable Jira issue links can also be protected by password, with that you can also set the expiration of the link after which the link won’t work, and you need to regenerate the link in order to share it again. Thus, your Jira project is kept secure at its zenith. It permits you to make and share access links for your Jira issues. Your end-users will be able to access the shared Jira issues with these links!
Jira also has in-built features to share Jira issues with limitations where you could either share your tickets with licensed users,or you’ll have to make your whole project anonymous (that means publicly available over the internet) to externally share your Jira issues with non-licensed users.
This application tackles perhaps the greatest challenge for the organizations utilizing Jira. Jira admins can share a few Jira tickets of their projects through password protected links to the external users who do not have a Jira account.
Need of External Share/Secure Share?
As we are aware that all the Atlassian application licenses (Jira, Confluence etc) are based on the number of users and for a few extra users we have to upgrade to the next user tier increasing the cost overhead on the organization. Now,
- Envision a situation: You have a license tier of X users and you want to share your Jira issues or Confluence pages with your clients or customers for a short period.
- Or with a set of restrictions such as view only or editable options.
- Or you just want to share a particular Jira issue or Confluence page with users while restricting them to view other Jira issues or Confluence pages.
- Or with someone outside the instance.
How does External Share/Secure Share solve it?
Let’s look at what we have in our options;
- Upgrade your license tier for creating new users in Jira or Confluence even for a short period.
- Restrict users by assigning them groups and manually removing them each time you want to revoke their privileges to access Jira issues or Confluence pages.
- Create a new Jira project or Confluence space, or assign groups to users each time you want to change the user privileges.
Well, that’s not it. You just don’t have these options. There’s more!
miniOrange thought of a superior and simple answer to offer this challenge, the Jira Secure Share/External Share & Confluence Secure Share/External Share add-ons which tackles this large number of issues without any help.
It permits you to make and share access links externally for the Jira issue or Confluence page that you need to impart to your users(even outside the case).
Simply install our outstanding Secure Share/External Share add-on in your Jira or Confluence and forget about the rest. The sharing component will get implanted on your Jira Issue or Confluence Page like an infinity stone in the gauntlet. You’ll find it hard to recollect that the add-on isn’t in-built.It will help you thoroughly with the external sharing between applications.
Create and share a limitless number of access links!!!
External Share/Secure Share Features:
Here is the finish to your pausing – Let’s have a look at the awesome features of Secure Share!
- Decide whether an access link will allow your end-users to view/add comments or attachments on your shared issue or page.
- Create self-destructing access links by setting expiry over the link.
- Securely Share your link by protecting it with your password or generate a random one for better security.
- Need not worry about the pile of expired links. Those will be deleted automatically after 7 days of expiry.
- Deactivate any shared link with a single click at any time and the link will be as powerless as Tony Stark without an Arc reactor!
- Set permissions for end-user to View/Add Comments/Attachments in the shared issues
Upcoming Features & Customer Support
- Free support app setup.Contact us for Secure Share demo
- Restrict User, Jira Project, content to share like summary, sprint status
- Share your Jira links directly via email
- Keep user logs for accessing the share links